PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH, Educate yourself about this disease, and be an advocate for yourself. The purpose of this page is to point you to the resources that helped and continue to help me in my journey.
Endometriosis causes serious pain
This is because tissue similar to the endometrium (uterine lining) occurs in other places throughout the body. This can cause pain under the ribs, abdominals, pelvic cavity, lower back, bowels, bladder, sciatic nerve and lungs just to name a few places.
Additionally, the lesions that endometriosis form can irritate tissue causing adhesions (bands of scar tissue that often bind organs together).
There are 4 stages of endometriosis involving superficial and deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE), but the stage is not indicative of a pain level.
- The page Nancy’s Nook Endometriosis Education helped me learn about this disease and pointed me in the direction of a qualified specialist, I encourage you to join and spend time researching all the files. She also just launched a website www.NancysNookEndo.com
- To learn more about Endometriosis and excision surgery please visit the Endo What? Video
- Another good resource for you – www.endopaedia.info/index.html
- The Endometriosis Coalition – “Four factors that prevent women from receiving proper care”
- This website contains a plethora of information about endometriosis and the disease outside of your pelvis (mine was on my bowels and diaphragm) www.extrapelvicnotrare.org
- One of the best Instagram’s to follow is www.instagram.com/endogirlsblog/ Kate and Laura share accurate information and correct dysfunctional perceptions of Endometriosis
What can you do to Help raise awareness?
Be Heard, Share your story…
Reduce the Stigma over period pain and ask questions, the more we talk about this, the more society will realize its acceptable.
Reach out and support each other, you are not alone in this, even though it may feel like it.
Here are some of my favorite Facebook groups you can join. . .